Friday, May 21, 2010

Customizable!: The Counter


Located in the Kahala Mall Shopping Center, The Counter is there for you when you're craving a burger. With diners being able to choose whatever goes in their burger, there are thousands of different end products. They offer three different patty options; Beef, Turkey and Veggie. I've tried them all and i enjoy them, especially the Veggie which most people would think would be too great. On this day though, my friend and I chose to go with beef.

Regular and Sweet Potato Fries

Personally, I'm not a huge "fry guy" but I am in love with these Sweet Potato Fries. They are served with Horseradish Mayo but if you ever go to The Counter, ask for BBQ Sauce because it tastes that much better with it. The best thing I like about these Fries are that they are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. They pack this savory and sweet flavor with each bite. Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to buy some before work.

Pointless Close Up Picture

I just Love these fries! Definitely something you want to try when you eat here.

Customizable Burger

This was my friend's creation. He chose 2/3 Pound Beef Patty on Whole Wheat Bun with Lettuce Blend, Tomatoes, Hard Boiled Eggs, Caramelized Onions and Feta Cheese. Yeah I know, he is a weird guy...Boiled eggs??? Anyways, obviously this was going to be a huge burger, 2/3 Pounds of Beef and all those toppings!

So tall

Yeah, it was tall. A nice thing to know about The Counter is that when you order a 1/3 or a 2/3 or even a whole Pound patty, they give you that weight AFTER cooking. Naturally meat looses it's weight after it's been cooked and you get warned with little writings that say "*Weight before cooking*". However at The Counter it says "*Weight after cooking".

Cross View, Medium Rare!

Something Unique about The Counter is that they use 100% Naturally Raised Angus Beef. Meaning they are fed on a vegetarian diet with no added hormones. Trust me, you can taste a difference. The best part about this having this quality of product is that you're welcome to order your burgers anyway you want it cooked. I recommend that you order your burger how you would want your steak. It feels like you're eating a steak and it's extremely juicy.

My Customizable Burger

I also went with the 2/3 Pound Beef Patty on Whole Wheat Bun with Pepperconcinis, Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Sprouts, Carmelized Onions and Bleu Cheese. Along with these toppings i chose a Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette. The burger was extremely delicious .

Top View of the Burger


Cross View


Close up!!


Look at that juice!

I firmly believe that this is one of the Best Burger places in Hawaii. Compared to the other Customizable burger places, this tops. If you ever come to The Counter, I suggest getting either the Beef or the Vegetarian Patty, both are my favorite. And of course you HAVE to try the Sweet Potato fries!

The Counter Kahala
4211 Waialae Avenue E-1
Honolulu HI 96816
808 739 5100

Sunday - Thursday: 11am - 9pm
Friday - Saturday: 11am - 10pm

Taste: 4.5
Appearance: 4
Location: 4.5
Value: 4
Overall: 4.25
*Based on a 5 point scoring system with 1 being Not So Good and 5 being Great*]

-Chef B
*PS* Credit given to tastyisland for first picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment